This online workshop with Myles Robert, Portland Public Library Business & Government Librarian, will show you how to find in-depth information to help you launch or grow your business. Use online research tools to save you time, money and credibility which can be accessed (with your PPL card) either at the library or from home.
Participants will learn how to:
· Access thousands of sample business plans
· Conduct in-depth market research via reports not freely available on the internet
· Learn about your competition using our online business directory (ie. how many employees they have,
average annual sales, management team)
· Find out consumer spending behavior specific to geographic location (eg: How much does the average
person in Portland spend on baked goods per year?)
· Read full text trade journals and popular magazines in the areas of business and industry
· Download and print legal forms
Your Presenter: Myles Robert
Myles Robert joined the team at the Portland Public Library in January of this year. Prior to that he was a workforce specialist serving in Central Maine with an office at the Career Center in Augusta. He was born and raised in Lewiston and earned his Master's in Library and Information Science from Queens College in New York in 2014. He believes entrepreneurship and supporting local business through innovative partnerships is at the heart of revitalizing Maine’s economy.